Quality Control Associate
San Diego Metropolitan Area
We are seeking a Quality Control Associate to perform various QC assays to assess quality of final products according to established SOPs and batch records, as well as troubleshoot technical challenges. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic entrepreneurial work ethic and will be driven to meet the Codex DNA production forecast and timelines. Excellent communication and a keen attention to detail are a must. The candidate will work closely with the Manufacturing Team, Customer and Technical Service, and Quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic molecular biology workflows for quality control testing of research use only reagents, including products used for DNA synthesis and assembly.
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Complete all tasks as scheduled, applying best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of manufacturing orders.
- Customer-driven focus and willingness to manage numerous tasks at once.
- Strictly adhere to established policies and procedures for quality control; and report any problems with documentation.
- Willingness to constantly innovate and reduce costs without compromising quality.
- Supports quality investigations, root cause analysis, corrective actions, preventive actions, and quality system continuous improvement initiatives.
- Interfaces with scientific team members in Manufacturing and Product Development to understand new methods pertaining to synthetic biology.
- All other reasonable tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader and/or the Supervisor.
- 1+ years’ experience in molecular biology techniques including cloning, PCR, gene synthesis design and assembly, mutagenesis and sequence analysis is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate options technical results, formulate and interface with R&D, manufacturing, and technical support is required.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced team environment with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Working computer literacy using an ERP system, emails, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills, and very detail oriented.
- Effective verbal and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with 1-2 years of relevant work experience in Biotech industry.
Job type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 3 Year