San Diego Metropolitan Area
Summary of Role:
We are seeking a Manufacturing Associate to apply hands-on training to perform the production of innovative reagents according to established SOPs and batch records, as well as troubleshoot technical challenges related to their production and downstream use. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic entrepreneurial work ethic and will be driven to meet the Codex DNA production forecast and timelines. The candidate will work closely with the Manufacturing Team, Process Development, Research & Development, Customer Service, and Quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic molecular biology workflows for research use only reagent manufacturing, including products used for DNA synthesis and assembly.
- Complete all Production tasks as scheduled, applying best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of manufacturing orders.
- Customer-driven focus and willingness to manage numerous orders at once.
- Strictly adhere to established policies and procedures for reagent manufacturing and quality control; and report any problems with documentation.
- Willingness to constantly innovate and reduce costs without compromising quality.
- Supports quality investigations, root cause analysis, corrective actions, preventive actions, and quality system continuous improvement initiatives.
- Interfaces with scientific team members in Manufacturing and Product Development to understand new methods pertaining to synthetic biology.
- All other reasonable tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader and/or the Production Supervisor.
- 1+ years’ experience in molecular biology techniques including cloning, PCR, gene synthesis design and assembly, mutagenesis and sequence analysis is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate options technical results, formulate and interface with R&D, manufacturing, and technical support is required.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced team environment with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Working computer literacy using an ERP system, emails, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills, and very detail oriented.
- Familiar with cGMP, ISO9000/13485, product specifications incoming inspection procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Performs excellent internal and external customer service.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with 2+ years of relevant work experience in Biotech industry.
- This position is based in our San Diego, CA office. This role requires the ability to report to the office 5 days per week.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to lift 15 pounds required
Job type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 3 Year