Human Resources Manager
San Diego Metropolitan Area
Official Title: People + Culture Manager
About Eton Bioscience:
Eton Bioscience Inc. is a biotech company specializing in DNA sequencing and oligo synthesis services nationwide. Founded in 2003 in San Diego, California, we have been providing scientists of both academia and industry with a variety of services and products to assist them in research.
At Eton we strive to provide only the best through our high quality and reliable services, customer care and competitive pricing. We understand that by developing and utilizing the latest innovative techniques, sustainable practices, and efficiency, we are on the way to becoming the number one DNA sequencing company in the nation. Taking pride in what we do, we deliver science, not words.
Summary of Role:
The ideal person will act as a partner and change agent to team members across the organization and delivers value-added counsel that reflects business objectives and Eton culture. This role will report to the Head of Eton Bioscience and will be title as a People + Culture Manager. You will be responsible for the support and implementation of new processes and systems, recruiting management, onboarding, employee relations, benefits administration, performance management administration, and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a consultative subject matter expert who will establish best practice tools across all functions organizationally
- Manage and maintain HRIS for Eton
- Manage recruitment: post jobs, screen applicants, schedule and participate in interviews, track onboarding paperwork, social media posts, etc.
- Manage benefits program administration including new employee and annual open enrollment processes (401(K), COBRA, LOA, etc.)
- Serves as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert for employee relations and performance issues
- Oversee the compliance and accuracy of employee data and paperwork requirements including new hires and terminations.
- Maintain HR compliance in accordance with local and federal requirements
- Keep informed on changes to HR policies or programs and educate employees
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment laws
- All other duties as assigned or necessary
- 5+ years of working experience, in a similar or senior role in a Human Resources function
- Demonstrated experience of Microsoft Office productivity, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Previous experience with generating relevant metrics, reports and data analysis
- Excellent time management skills and able to cope well with a high volume of work.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines, while being flexible as a dynamic environment requires
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibility, in a professional and discreet manner
- Take initiative and have a growth mindset
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Organizational Development; might consider a combination of other education, certificate in related area and/or relevant work experience.
Travel Required: 0-25%
- This position is based in our San Diego, CA office and works a hybrid schedule with at least 3 days in the office.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds required
Job type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 4 Year