At Codex we are resolutely focused on enabling you, our customers and collaborators, with the tools and resources you need to build biology so that you can change the world. Never has this been more important than right now.
Over the past several weeks we have announced the availability of several resources to support the scientific community; from providing $50,000 co-funding grants for researchers requiring a BioXp to publishing a comprehensive SARS-CoV-2 BioXp 3200 app note that details how our customers can leverage the power of their systems to rapidly develop SARS-CoV-2 gene constructs to advance the fight against COVID-19.
Our team has been in the lab day and night creating new tools and resources to support the scientific community's efforts to develop vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics to help combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
Today we are proudly announcing the availability of 8 new products and services to accelerate the fight against the SARS-CoV-2 virus:
- SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic RNA controls – safe and robust positive controls that replace the need for live virus in RT-PCR and NGS testing protocols
- SARS-CoV-2 antigen panels – that allow for rapid design and iteration of antigens (eg, Spike protein) for the development of vaccines using the BioXp™ system
- SARS-CoV-2 antibody libraries – that allow for rapid design and generation of antibody libraries for the development of therapeutics using the BioXp™ system
- SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein DNA vaccine constructs – wild-type Spike protein cloned into the DNA vaccine vector of your choice
- SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccine scaffold – mRNA vaccine scaffold design services and synthesis on the BioXp™ system
- SARS-CoV-2 live attenuated vaccine scaffold – Codex’s full-length, synthetic SARS-CoV-2 genome can be leveraged for the development of live attenuated vaccines
- SARS-CoV-2 synthetic DNA parts – spanning the whole genome useful for developing DNA, RNA and viral vector vaccines and pan-genome diagnostics
- SARS-CoV-2 full-length, synthetic genome – Wuhan-Hu-1 strain of SARS-CoV-2 (GenBank number MN908947.3) cloned in a bacterial artificial chromosome that can be leveraged for the development of vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics
Whether you are interested in using these products for your own research and development or partnering with us to leverage our products and know-how to develop new and novel solutions together, we are here, and we are ready. Visit our coronavirus landing page to learn more about our SARS-CoV-2 research tools or contact our dedicated COVID-19 team at Covid19@codexdna.com.
In addition to leveraging our expertise in coding synthetic DNA and building biology, we are making our laboratory space and talent available for our customers who are not able to return to their laboratories so that your scientific advancements can continue despite stay at home orders and reduced laboratory staffing. Whether or not you own a BioXp, we are ready to support you and build and QC your gene constructs in our lab. We can store them until you're back in the lab or ship them wherever you desire.
If you know of any other opportunities for us to leverage our synthetic biology and DNA synthesis products and services or capabilities, please let us know.
All of us at Codex are fully committed to be your partner and ensuring that the speed of science outpaces the spread of the coronavirus. We will continue to provide updates as appropriate.
Thank you for your efforts to make the world a better place and your trust in us.
Todd R. Nelson
Chief Executive Officer